I wouldn’t think it would be wrong to assume just about everyone on the planet has heard of Taylor Swift. 27 years ago, December 13th 1989, an icon was born. Since then, Taylor Swift has managed to take over the music industry for 10 years, crossing over from country to pop and excelling in each genre. This multi Grammy award winning artist has released over 3o singles and managed to top the charts with each and every evolving album. For some people, the singles are all they have heard of Taylor Swift, all they have to base their opinion of her on. As a Taylor Swift mega fan, I find this unfortunate since I know her discography is full of a multitude of fantastic songs. This year Taylor took a break and decided not to release an album in her usual every two years fashion leaving me her entire discography to binge in the meantime while I wait for the impending release of TS6. To celebrate her 27 years I decided to show you 27 of these deep cuts that I feel everyone should hear to truly appreciate the incredible musical talent that is Taylor Swift. So listen along to my YouTube playlist and enjoy some songs that may be your favorites or that you have never heard before.
Back in 2015, One Direction released their most recent album Made In the AM. One song in particular stood out from the rest called Olivia. Now we have already heard about Diana, and Georgia Rose, but who was this Olivia the boys were singing about? Continue reading
December 13th, wait what year was it…oh yeah 1989! December 13th 1989 Taylor Allison Swift was welcomed to the world. The blonde haired blue-eyed beauty would grow up to be one of the most famous, inspirational, and influential women not only in the music industry, but in the world.
The Queen of 2014 has turned 25! Last night while shaking it off with her NYC fans and those watching the livestream (Me) Taylor Swift celebrated her 25th birthday! Missed the invite to the star studded party including, Nick, Beyonce and Jay Z 😦 So I decided to look back at all she has done and post 25 things I love about Taylor!
1. I love her sparkly dresses
2. She can flip her hair like no other
3. Nothing is better than her power stance
4. She is friends with almost every celebrity
5. Her dance moves are killer
6. She always comes to Gillette Stadium
7. She never takes herself seriously
8. She has her own geotag for her birthday on snapchat! (Who else can say that?)
9. Her spins
10. Her surprise face
11. She writes all her own songs
12. She really loves the winter and Christmas
13. Her stories about her cats
14. SHE HAS A HOUSE IN RHODE ISLAND
15. She takes a two year break and comes back better than ever
16. She has dated my favs Joe and Harry (and wrote killer songs about both)
17. She looks flawless leaving the gym
18. She is very charitable
19. Her love of Polaroids
20. How she owns being so tall
21. Her hair from the early days
22. That time she rapped
23. Her SNL monologue
24. Whenever she is on Ellen
25. When she was Becky
In summary Taylor has always been my favorite Female Singer and she always crushes it. Happy Birthday Taylor!! Can’t wait to see you on tour!!
Last night marked the 42nd annual American Music Awards! It was a great night for the music industry as America awarded our favorite artists from 2013 to now. Amongst all the tweeting and texting, I managed to jot down a few notes about my opinion of the show. Keep in mind that I really only watched it for One Direction and Taylor Swift..and okay maybe I wasn’t too upset to have to listen to 5 Seconds of Summer (still can’t decide how I feel about them but I love their album so yeah that’s where I am at). So here is my review of the show highlighting the greatest moments of the night.
Taylor’s Performance of Blank Space
I could not think of a more perfect way to open the show. America has been loving this song for weeks now, always maintaining it’s number one spot on the iTunes chart. I was so curious to see what kind of performance she would do since the music video made such a splash. Also I was extremely excited to see her perform it for the very first time. I already have my tickets to the 1989 tour and it was the perfect hype for what I’m in store for this summer. I knew Taylor would deliver and she definitely did. I am all for how she is embracing the thought that people think she is insane and making fun of herself. While the vocals weren’t the best I felt like I was watching a scene from a musical and she waltzed from set to set burning roses and breaking boys hearts one by one. It was one of my favorite performances of the night. Her acting was impeccable each time she made the face for being insane. All hail Queen Tay and her live performances.
One Direction wins Best Pop/Rock Group
What a great way to kick off the night with the boys winning the very first award. It’s sad to say but at this point I just always assume they will win. The best part was seeing everyone’s reaction on twitter. The AMA’s went from 0 to 1000 just like that. I missed the Red Carpet interviews so I had yet to see what they were wearing. Let’s just say I was rolling on the floor laughing. I wonder if they have a game going called “Let’s not tell Niall what we are wearing” cause everyone looked so dapper and suave and here is Niall in a skull T-shirt. I mean yeah his T-shirt is over $300 but it wish they would have told him they were gonna be a bit more dressed up. Going off of that Zayn’s hair was pure perfection. I have been loving his longer hair making him look like Flynn Rider or Aladdin and the way Lou styled it was perfection. Louis also had quite the hairdo channeling Danny Zuko with his twist in the middle. Louis has been looking so good recently, a huge improvement from his look in the You and I video. It must be his tan or his clean shaven face but I can’t stop talking about how handsome he looks at this moment. Liam always dresses well. I loved the cheetah print shirt to add a pop of color to their all black ensemble. When it comes to dressing formal Liam always has the perfect suit. And last but not least we have the mess that is Harry Styles…this kid I swear to God will be the death of me. First of all his hat had a feather in it…like okay. Second, he is wearing cheetah print boots. His hair was another story all beautiful and curly hanging under his hat. Then his outfit was just strange with his shirt and jacket and it worked but it didn’t. I was just happy his shirt was buttoned because I don’t think his tattooed cleavage would have been appropriate. They jumped from their seats and pulled into a group hug, knowing that’s our favorite part anytime they win anything. Anyway, the boys won the award and of course thanked the fans and most importantly Liam said America is like their second home which just made me swoon, scream, and cry at the same time.
When Pitbull was no where to be seen or heard
Pitbull was the absolute worst host to ever host an award show. I wanted to claw my eyes out every time he was on the screen. This goes more beyond the fact that he isn’t attractive and looked like Humpty Dumpty in a suit. He had absolutely no material. All he would ever mention was the fact that he is Latino and speaking Spanish gives the channel more views and blah blah blah. No one was laughing at his jokes and he was just a horrible choice who had nothing good to say. I don’t even know any Pitbull fans, my entire timeline was full of hate for him and begging for him to get off the stage. So it was a major highlight of the show whenever he wasn’t involved.
While I really didn’t care for most of the people who performed, I have to admit they were still good live performances. Some that I remember include Selena Gomez heart wrenching break up song that brought Taylor to tears. It was a very sad song and you could feel the emotion and sadness in her voice. In my opinion its a song about how she is sad she is broken up with Beiber and how she wishes she had stayed with Nick Jonas (Kidding obvi the song has nothing to do with Nick but hey he was there in the audience so it was just a random thought). I wasn’t a huge fan of the weird images behind her like the crying eye and whatnot but I loved when they had the animated angel wings it was so beautiful. Her dress was stunning if I could wear that to my Formal I would in a heartbeat.
I also really enjoyed the 5 Seconds of Summer performance. I was upset that they didn’t perform their own original song and were stuck with a cover song instead but you could tell the audience was loving it. I really like their music but I’m not about to go spend my money and time on them I don’t think I could afford to have any more idols in my life. However, they did a great job performing and I imagine this was Niall in the audience. Niall is their biggest fan so I’m pretty sure he was in the aisles going crazy to their performance.
Other noteable mentions include Iggy, Lorde, Fergie, Ariana, and Bang Bang. There were more performances than awards which was weird but for music awards I guess it makes sense. I just felt like I was watching a concert especially when the credits showed about 20 awards they didn’t present during the show.
One Direction wins Best Pop/Rock Album
Just like Donny Walhburg said, Boybands kick ass and are still kicking ass. One Direction took home their second award of the night with the best album for Midnight Memories. At this point I was bawling my eyes out because Midnight Memories is my favorite album of all time. Yes I know that Four just came out but I spent the past year obsessed with Midnight Memories constantly listening to it and seeing them perform the songs at least three times. I spent my summer listening to the album in the car everyday to and from work and I just can’t express just how much I love it. In my opinion they deserved this award because of how well the album did. Harry took over the thank you speech for this one which was entertaining because he is not the most eloquent speaker. He made sure to give his thanks to the fans and everyone that bought the album and everyone. Also important to mention is that the boys kind of dressed down and changed their outfits at this point to make Niall not stand out as much. Rumor has it that they were in the front row tripping people but then they moved them but their wasn’t much proof so I didn’t believe it but it definitely sounds like something they would do. More awards means more group hugs!
5 Seconds of Summer wins Best New Artist
I think that these awards were partially fan voted so I had a feeling that they would win this awards. I really enjoyed seeing how happy they were that they won. You could tell they really didn’t expect to win it. Michael was so happy and Callum just didn’t know what to with himself. They had a cute little speech and their outfits were so casual but I guess that’s their style. I don’t think I have ever seen them dressed up. Not much to say here but it was a highlight of the night considering they won their first ever AMA. Let’s also keep in mind that Taylor Swift is the only American to actually win an award last night. Between 1D, Iggy, and 5sos they are all foreign.
Night Changes Performance
Okay this is probably gonna be a long one. I am obsessed with this song. I don’t know what it is but it’s all I ever want to listen to. I find myself always playing it, watching the video, or just randomly singing it. I was not at all prepared for what I was about to see. During the performance the camera never left their gorgeous faces, filming each boy up close as they sang their solos and verses. The vocals were absolutely amazing. I truly love when people have the nerve to say they can’t sing even after hearing them live. There was no backing track, no lip syncing, it was all them singing their hearts out. The song starts with Zayn and he stares into your soul with his big brown eyes and you can’t help but look at his glorious cheek bones, facial hair, and of course that one piece of hair cascading down his forehead. If his looks aren’t enough his voice will make anyone melt. He also stole the show, trending Worldwide as “Zayne” as all the people who don’t care for One Direction commented on his Godly beauty. Religious views: Zayn Malik. Liam takes the next verse and he gives you those puppy dog eyes and that look of love he always has when he sings slow songs. I loved how up close and personal we got to get, getting to just enjoy their voices and the no frills performance. The only frills being the gold accents on their outfits and the overgrown grass behind them. Harry took the chorus doing everything possible to avoid eye contact with the camera knowing there would be numerous casualties if he ever so much as glanced into the camera lens. He sounded incredible like always. Louis gave the camera his smolder as he sang his verse. He sounded incredible too. People always say he is a weak singer but I thought his part was very strong. They all delivered when it came to singing into the camera. Niall was next with his baby blues and adorable smile as he sang his verse, what cute boy. Then Harry did the chorus again and Zayn did his heavenly solo, the room was absolutely silent it was amazing. I could not get over how perfect they sounded. It was my favorite performance of the song yet.
Taylor wins the Dick Clark Award
What do you do when you win every possible award but you are still so amazing, you make up a new award for you to win. Let’s be real, Taylor is slaying the game. Her album has been out for almost a month and its still the most talked about and number one on iTunes. She took everyone aback with her listening parties, giving gifts to fans, and even visiting them at their homes. She is just perfect in every way and I completely agree that she deserves this award of excellence. I love Taylor so much and I was borderline crying when they showed her little montage about all her success and what a great person she is. Her speech was incredible and you can tell she is still humbled every time she wins. I also loved how she was with her best friends before winning the award. Just so proud of Taylor and everything she has to offer. Also quick side note I hate how her moment had to be turned into something about Harry. That everyone was looking for his reaction or for him to do something and that people were surprised he was respectful. Of course he was respectful…why would anyone think he would even do something. Yeah they dated but they are on good terms as far as I know so it shouldn’t have been a big deal. However, I think it was hysterical they played Out of the Woods for her to accept it because its known its about him and they are both there together but he wouldn’t do anything because of it.
One Direction wins Artist of the Year
They won at the beginning and they won at end. Taking home three out of three and winning against Beyonce, the boys took home Artist of the Year. In my opinion they deserved it and if it is fan voted then absolutely. The fandom works so hard when it comes to voting and supporting and most Beyonce fans don’t. Also she wasn’t at the awards so it was kinda known that the boys would win it. Regardless I was extremely nervous for them because they were nominated against some greats. It was the perfect way to end the night, one more group hug, one more speech, and just seeing them realize just how much their fans love them and how much they slayed the past year. I’m so proud of them and I hope they are proud of themselves. We did it! 1D3peat!
Fandom hug we all survived
Happy Tunesday! Queen Taylor recently released her satirical dramatic music video for her hit single Blank Space. This video has been tweeted and posted about constantly so I figured I would share some of my thoughts watching it.
- Wow thats a nice house, is it a castle
- Aww her cat Olivia
- Why are horses in her bedroom?
- HOLY HELL HE IS FINE
- I want her makeup, those wings are made to fly
- What a big dinner table
- Aww they are dancing and riding bikes
- She’s a good painter
- I’m in love with her looks in this video
- They are such a cute couple
- Damn he is even hotter in slow-mo
- Aww they wrote their names in the tree
- Why is he texting
- Oh fuck she caught him texting
- Get ready for her wrath Sean
- Damn shes kinda scary when she’s sing fighting with him
- LOL OMG WHEN HE SAYS OMG, GREAT ACTING BUD, GOOD THING YOU ARE CUTE
- Throw that plant Tay
- DARLING I’M A NIGHTMARE DRESSED LIKE A DAY DREAM SHE ALMOST CLAWED HIS EYES OUT
- Oh shit there goes his phone, that’s not nice Tay
- She does look insane..
- She just ripped her painting, all her hard work gone to waste
- And cut the boobs out of his shirt, oh snap mean girls
- She’s doing like floor yoga or something, maybe some mermaid dancing on the floor
- I would light his clothes on fire too, then he would have to be naked
- What is this apple thing, I thought I was watching a Taylor music video not Twilight
- Oh please tell me she didn’t poison it
- IS SHE REALLY GONNA KILL THIS GUY
- ALL HE DID WAS TEXT
- I didn’t know apples were vodoo dolls
- Um that whack didn’t even dent the car
- She’s making him so sad
- Oh causal, lets sing with axes and knives
- Is he dead on the ground….oh dear
- Well this escalated quickly
- Why am I laughing so hard at her beating up this car
- OMG SHES STANDING ON A HORSE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
- She totally just tripped chopping down that tree
- Oh good he’s alive and driving away
- RUN LIKE THE WIND BULLSEYE
- UGH OH NOT ANOTHER BOY
- WATCH OUT SHE IS GONNA WRITE YOUR NAME, ON HER HITLIST
Wow I really liked that video! I think its very funny that she acted out what the media portrays her to be. Its about time she said something about it. Her acting was really great and I am in love with the fashion in it. Also love that guy Sean, I think he is the hottest one in any of her videos. Well done Taylor, I can see why everyone is buzzing about it!
As October draws to a close, I figured I would share some of the awesome things that happened this October
Well the month started with the abstastic Flaunt magazine photo shoot where Nick showed off his body and his goods. Nick used to be so shy about showing his body that he used to wear a towel or a shirt near the pool so the paps wouldn’t capture anything. Then he kind of evolved and posted a shirtless photo on Instagram which gave me life. I was at work at the time and I took an early break because I was sobbing uncontrollably. At that time it had only been a week after I had seen them in concert and met them so it was just really emotional. Flash forward two years and now he has become this man who just grabs his dick and goes around shirtless. I would blame his douchey attitude on his girlfriend and her influence but that is another story. I woke up that morning to see one picture and then in about ten minutes all the pictures had been released. I’ve always loved Nick and still think he is the sexiest thing on the planet so this photoshoot was a gift from God. it was super annoying when everyone was like “OMG Nick is so hot” and they probably can’t name two of his new songs but none the less it was a great way to start the month.
Sadly, October also meant the end of the Where We Are Tour. I was fortunate enough to see the tour twice and be about four feet away from the lads so WWA was such a huge part of my summer. Even when I wasn’t at a show, it was so much to fun to wake up and find HQ pictures of the boys from the tour. Seeing vines and videos was also so much fun. In a way it was like the end of the era because some of the songs they probably won’t even sing on tour ever again. Midnight Memories is my favorite album so far and I think this tour was absolutely perfect. From the special Better Than Words crotch grabs, to Harry being a whale, to Zayn hitting insane high notes and just the general fun they all have onstage. Due to the wonders of technology, someone made a livestream of the show so the whole fandom jumped on Twitter to freak out and cry one last time. I was texting Leah (abostonbelle.wordpress.com) the whole time and our conversation is something I never will forget. RIP WWA 😦
Nick Jonas went on tour in October and I was fortunate enough to see him in Boston at the Wilbur theater. I love the kid but he always mumbles so I couldn’t exactly hear any of this new songs. Regardless Leah and I had such an amazing time making fools of ourselves. The crowd wasn’t into it much and would only just record and take photos. I decided since I was basically in the middle that I would just go crazy and dance and show him I was having fun. This resulted in a ton of eye contact and laughing. Highlights were definitely when he sang Chains, Numb, and of course Jealous. It was such a fun night!
Kingdom, the show Nick Jonas has been promoting like crazy also premiered in October. Nick plays a UFC fighter who is the son of the gym owner. The gym is dealing with financial struggles and is trying its hardest to find new talent. There is an interesting love triangle and many intense dramatic scenes. I’m sure people have their opinions about Nick’s acting but I have to admit he is amazing on this show. In the past I have had trouble not seeing him as the character and only as Nick Jonas. On Kingdom he is no longer the teen heartthrob Nick but has transformed into Nate. The show is on DirectTV so I end up finding links to watch it online. If you can find it I definitely recommend watching it!
On October 11th, for one weekend only, One Direction released a Where We Are Tour concert movie. Much to my disappointment they removed some of my favorite songs from the setlist. I was heartbroken to see they had gotten rid of Moments, Kiss You, Better Than Words, Strong, and Rock Me. I think those are some of the best songs live and some of the most memorable from tour. Rumor has it that on the DVD they will be selling they will include all of the songs. I guess because of the exclusive interview they had to cut some tracks but it was still an amazing movie. The audience did this amazing fan project during the song Right Now that was breath taking. Also they boys all played up to the camera so when you were least expecting it you would get a lovely close up and some eye contact.
Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out of the woods yet? Are we out the woods? In October, Taylor dropped this single on iTunes and it was the first taste we would get of her new album. She had previously done an interview with Rolling Stone where she revealed the song was about none other than Mr. Styles. This song brought me to tears when it released because of the beautiful love story it tells. I can’t get over the part where they move the furniture to dance and when he hit the brakes too soon and they cried all night till the sun came up and omg I just love this song.
One Direction Announced tour!!!!! Out of the blue the boys announced a tour that goes to the UK and USA. The goal of this tour I guess is to go to stadiums that they didn’t go to on WWA. Doesn’t matter to me because they are going to Gillette Stadium September 12th and its the last day of the tour!!!! Literally had a panic attack because I need to be at the last show. Since the boys did 3 dates last summer, its hard to predict what they will announce for more dates and when they will go onsale. Stay tuned because tickets go onsale tomorrow and I’ll most likely make a post about the thought process when buying tickets. Wish me luck!!!
Aside from all the fangirl happenings, a very important life event also occurred. I became a great grand big to the best GG out there! The reveal was one for the history books. To reveal themselves to their littles the bigs were supposed to jump out of boxes. My grand little on the other hand, didn’t exactly make it out of the box and ended up on the floor which was so entertaining I almost peed my pants. She is so much fun to be around and we share an obsession for Nick Jonas making it perfect. I can’t wait to get to know her better and have an amazing year with my sorority family!
Left to right: (Me, My little, My grand little, My great grand little)
The final things that happened in October was the release of 1989 which you can read all about here, the Steal My Girl video which you can read about Here, and I started this blog!! Thank you so much to everyone who has read so fa! All I can hope is that you will be entertained. Hope you all had a great October and will have a Happy Halloween!!
Today is the day!! Taylor Swift’s album 1989 has dropped and I am loving it!! I just bought the album on iTunes so I figured I would share some of my thoughts on each of the new songs. Link to buy the album will be below but I recommend getting the Target edition with the extra three songs and the unique Polaroids with handwritten lyrics! I’ve also included the Hidden Messages that can be found in the lyric booklet.
1. Welcome to New York. I have to admit when I first bought it as a single it wasn’t my favorite. It’s a fun song to play when getting ready or traveling. Lyrically I don’t find it up to par with the rest of the album. However, Taylor mentioned this album is based on 80’s pop music and you can completely feel the influence in this track. The chorus is extremely repetitive which get super annoying.
Favorite Line: Took our broken hearts put them in a drawer
Hidden Message: We begin our story in New York
2. Blank Spaces. I love this song so much!!! The verses are kind of robotic but it completely works with the song. Such an easy song to sing along to and pick up right away. One of my favorites on the album. I love how she talks about her dating past in the song and explains that it is still worth the risk. It makes sense because of course Taylor has been in the limelight about her love life and she basically is telling the person that this could go bad or it could go really well either way so why not. I think the references to being new money make the song about Harry. The album is kind of a progression of their relationship, this being when they first met and started something.
Favorite Line: Cause darling I’m a nightmare dressed as a daydream
Hidden Message: There was once a girl known by everyone and no one
3. Style. Absolute favorite song on the album. If you were thinking that the title is a dead giveaway the song is about Harry then you are correct. The chorus is the best part of the song when she says Harry has a “daydream look in his eye” and his “long hair slicked back white tshirt.” As a fan of Harry it is extremely easy to identify that is who she is talking about. The song is also about Style through the James Dean references and classic red lips. I could see it in a commercial for clothing, not just the Target commercial. This song revealed more about the relationship then we knew, like the reference to the boy cheating but still wanting the girl. Apparently Harry is a dangerous driver and their relationship was a never ending crash and burn. Nothing is better then when she screams TAKE ME HOME, no coincidence that it’s the title of One Direction’s second album right?
Favorite Line: You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
Hidden Message: Her heart belonged to someone who couldn’t stay
4. Out of the Woods. Yet another song about her relationship with Harry but its the most beautiful and complimentary song. Once you get past the annoyingly repetitive chorus that engraves itself in your brain, the song is painfully adorable. She doesn’t bash him at all, instead she highlights the fun memories of their relationship and explains how they ended things. This song made my heart melt because she painted a picture of a perfect boyfriend. Who wouldn’t want to move furniture and dance around with Harry? The subtle references are also adorable, “two paper airplanes” in reference to the necklace he gave her. The breakdown when she explains their night in the hospital is so touching. She mentions that he was crying and my friend and I couldn’t even handle it. Sidenote: I would love to see the Polaroid they took.
Favorite Line: To move the furniture so we could dance baby like we stood a chance
Hidden Message: They loved each other recklessly
5. All You Had to Do Was Stay. Okay by this point I was getting really sick and tired of the super repetitive chorus where she says the same line over and over. Regardless its a great dancing around your room song. She is continuing the story that she’s been telling since “Style” in that now she has let him go and he came crawling back but it’s too late for her. He had her and now that he’s let her go they just can’t get back again. The driving off the road reference along with him not wanting to commit allude to the fact this song may also be Harry.
Favorite Line: People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye
Hidden Message: They paid the price
6. Shake It Off. I remember when she first released this song and I had it on repeat for weeks!! I love to play this song when getting ready in the morning or getting pumped up for something. This song is amazing in that Taylor makes fun of herself. It’s all about saying later to the haters and being yourself. As she endures so much flack from the media, its great that she wrote this song to show that we don’t know her like we think. I find this song to be an anthem for anyone who puts you down; just forget about them and shake it off! Could the fella with the hella good hair be Harry?? While it seems like every song is turning out to be about him, in the 2 years Taylor took to write this album she really only dated Harry and the Kennedy.
Favorite Line: To the fella over there with the hella good hair won’t you come on over baby we could shake shake shake
Hidden Message: She danced to forget him
7. I Wish You Would. Anyone remember Jaylor? Well if you don’t it’s the lovely relationship between Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift. To me this song just screams that its about Joe, however, it could be any of her past lovers. The big give away are her references to 2am, and never hanging up the phone. Joe and Taylor’s relationship was all about the 27 second phone call where Joe allegedly broke up with her. He later stated that it was a short call cause Taylor hung up. In her song Last Kiss from Speak Now, she mentions that the phone lit up at 1:58 meaning they were broken up by 2am which the song makes reference too. Aside from the personal aspect, it’s a great song to listen to if you miss someone and wish they were still in your life.
*I wrote that little blurb before I found out the hidden message so at the time I thought it was Joe based on the proof.
Favorite Line: I wish you would know that I’ll never forget you as long as I live.
Hidden Message: He drove by her street each night
8. Bad Blood. This song is such a jam, I can easily picture it being played on the radio or at dances. It brings me back to the days of high school drama when the people you thought were your friends end up stabbing you in the back. Taylor talked about a song about a feud she has with a celebrity, later determined to be Katy Perry. The story behind it is that Katy Perry hired dancers for her tour from Taylor’s Red tour or something like that. I like how much anger is in the song, great for a day you get pissed at someone.
Favorite Line: Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes
Hidden Message: She made friends and enemies
9. Wildest Dreams. I think this is the fifth song about Harry on the album excluding the bonus songs. Taylor mentioned to Rolling Stone that five songs were about him so I guess it would make the most sense. Dead giveaway is “He’s so tall and handsome as hell, he’s so bad but he does it so well.” Harry is 6’2 and boy do we all know he is handsome as hell. I like the feel of this song, it kind of reminds me of “Young and Beautiful” by Lana from the Gatsby movie. It has a very sweet lullaby sound. Scandalous, his clothes are on your floor! Taylor isn’t one to usually talk about sex but hey why not do something new.
Favorite Line: You see me in hindsight tangled up with you all night
Hidden Message: He only saw her in his dreams
10. How You Get the Girl. This song is so upbeat and fun. With themes about falling in love and saying I Do’s it’s very similar to Taylor’s old songs. Judging by the message its about how Taylor was sucked in again when he decided to come back. I really like this song and found that I was playing it more and more after I finished the full album. Great tune to sing along to and just have a great time.
Favorite Line: With pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks
Hidden Message: Then one day he came back
11. This Love. One of the only slow songs on the pop infested album. Not one of my favorites but it does tie together the theme of the album. Now revealed by the hidden messages that I found on tumblr, since it is currently 11:47 as I’m writing this, revealed that all the songs on the album are about Harry and this is the part in which he did come back for her. This song is very echoey and haunting, similar to Safe and Sound. She also mentions Wildest Dreams again as she describes their love.
Favorite Line: This love left a permanent mark, this love is glowing in the dark
Hidden Message: Timing is a funny thing
12. I Know Places. This song has a very animalistic hunter vibe as she talks about foxes and chasing tails. Revealed by the hidden message, its assumed to be about hiding the relationship from everyone so they could be alone. Having a place to hide and not be found so they could just enjoy what they have together. This album says a lot about how the public played a big part in their break up and ultimate disaster of a relationship. She hits some pretty high notes and experiments with her voice in this song. My favorite line is another dead give away that the song is about Harry.
Favorite Line: In the dead of night your eyes so green
Hidden Message: And everyone was watching
13. Clean. Last but not least is this song about how she has cleansed herself from the relationship and now is a new person who is more self actualized. Basically its the details about how she dealt with the end of the relationship and how she felt like she was drowning. It’s a great ending song in the track list to kind of wrap up the twists and turns of her relationship and coming out alive. Good for you Tay, although dating Harry sounds like an actual dream excluding all the media pressures.
Favorite Line: The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud nobody heard a thing
Hidden Message: She lost him but she found herself and somehow that was everything
OVERALL, I really enjoyed this album. I was nervous that it was going to be pop based but she has such a great balance and variety of sounds. The story makes sense as you listen to the album the whole way through but the actual music doesn’t flow as well as other albums have. I can’t wait to see these songs live, hear them on the radio, and see them as music videos. I had my suspicions that every song was basically about Harry or the same boy but I thought maybe I was just blinded by the idea that they dated. When they did date, I thought that it was mainly for publicity because from what the media captured, you never really saw any of this amazing romance they shared. I am floored with how amazing this album is and I’m so proud of Taylor for slaying the charts again. LINK TO BUY https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/1989/id907242701
Check out Leah’s less serious review!abostonbelle.wordpress.com!!