I wouldn’t think it would be wrong to assume just about everyone on the planet has heard of Taylor Swift. 27 years ago, December 13th 1989, an icon was born. Since then, Taylor Swift has managed to take over the music industry for 10 years, crossing over from country to pop and excelling in each genre. This multi Grammy award winning artist has released over 3o singles and managed to top the charts with each and every evolving album. For some people, the singles are all they have heard of Taylor Swift, all they have to base their opinion of her on. As a Taylor Swift mega fan, I find this unfortunate since I know her discography is full of a multitude of fantastic songs. This year Taylor took a break and decided not to release an album in her usual every two years fashion leaving me her entire discography to binge in the meantime while I wait for the impending release of TS6. To celebrate her 27 years I decided to show you 27 of these deep cuts that I feel everyone should hear to truly appreciate the incredible musical talent that is Taylor Swift. So listen along to my YouTube playlist and enjoy some songs that may be your favorites or that you have never heard before.
Back in 2015, One Direction released their most recent album Made In the AM. One song in particular stood out from the rest called Olivia. Now we have already heard about Diana, and Georgia Rose, but who was this Olivia the boys were singing about? Continue reading
December 13th, wait what year was it…oh yeah 1989! December 13th 1989 Taylor Allison Swift was welcomed to the world. The blonde haired blue-eyed beauty would grow up to be one of the most famous, inspirational, and influential women not only in the music industry, but in the world.
As a person who spends hours a day watching Youtube, I decided why not try something out that every Youtuber loves to do: a monthly favorites!! So during September I jotted down a few things that I absolutely enjoyed.
Cake by the Ocean-DNCE
So about a week after I met Joe Jonas at his party at Foxwoods
he revealed to the world that he has new music!! Kinda upset he didn’t tell me about it but its fine we’re cool. This month I discovered “my new favorite band,” After watching teasers and seeing tweets about “your new favorite band” I was dying to know what Joe Jonas had up his sleeve. Turns out he is the lead singer of a brand new band called DNCE and they were releasing their new song!! If you haven’t listened to it yet, I highly recommend it!! It has a cool Uptown Funk feel and its Joe Jonas! I’ve missed Joe so much and while I enjoy his instagrams and snapchats, nothing beats getting to hear his voice again and see him perform! I honestly believe that I would enjoy this song even if it didn’t involve Joe Jonas. The only downside to it is that it leaves me with an endless craving for cake…have a listen!
Picture this, its a normal day in the office, you have to meet with another staff member to discuss something, you get back to your cubicle, and right as you sit down you get a little blue notification just casually showing a tweet from One Direction about their new album. UM WHATTTT!! A NEW ALBUM!! ALREADY!! That’s right, brace yourselves because on November 13th, One Direction will release their fifth studio album!! Oh and it wasn’t just an album announcement, those cheeky chaps included a new song when you preorder the album! The single Infinity was released and basically had me in tears. Unfortunately it was such a busy day in the office that day but do you think that matters?? I grabbed my headphones, mentally prepared myself to not have a fangirl freakout a work, pressed play, and fell in love.
To be honest, I still haven’t gotten over Drag Me Down so I was not at all ready for a new single. I was still very fragile because OTRA USA had just ended and this song was the last thing I needed. I instantly fell in love with Niall’s opening verse, and actually jumped when Harry came in for the chorus. I was not expecting the intensity and passion he brought to the song. The lyrics themselves are enough to make you cry, but sung by the voices of four angels and I’m a goner for sure! If this song is the slightest taste of the new album I think we are in for a real treat. IS IT NOVEMBER 13TH YET I NEED MORE!
All To Well-Taylor Swift
Alright before you all start telling me how this song is old let me just tell you I haven’t stopped listening to it all September. I have always found this song to be amazing and one of the best on the album RED. I was teary eyed when she sang it on the RED tour and since the explosion of 1989 it had been a while since I revisited it. I don’t even know what it is about this song, since its not like I have some love story to relate it to, but it always makes me want to sob. As you may know I am a recent college grad trying to get a hold on this thing they call adult life. It hasn’t been the easiest transition and I have my good days and bad days but this one lyric in this song just hits me so hard and I think thats why I gravitated towards it all month.
“I’d like to be my old self again, but I’m still trying to find it.”
Leave it to Taylor to always just get you and what you’re going through.
Black Magic-Little Mix
I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG!!! I know it came out before September but I have just fallen in love with this song, with this band, with everything. I’m a pretty big fan of Little Mix, I have their two albums on my iPod and I had tickets to see them before they canceled their American tour. Luckily I was able to see them with Demi. Now I’m not going to lie and say Zayn had no impact in me deciding to listen to Little Mix but I’m glad he did. These girls can sing, especially Perrie. Vocally she is the Zayn of Little Mix, they always give her the long notes to sing and boy does she deliver. These four girls are so talented and its a shame they aren’t more popular in the states and that Fifth Harmony is… (not a fan..soz). This song though helped put them on the map and hopefully their album will really make them known!! The best part about this song is when they perform it live because it has the cutest little dance. Just Watch!
There’s this cool thing called Apple Music, I’m sure you’ve heard of it. It lets you listen to anything on Itunes for free with the three month trial. I’m telling you now you better start the trial because so much music is coming out this fall that with three months you’ll get to listen to it all for free. However if they are a favorite or yours buy the songs and pay their bills. People like Niall Horan, actually appreciate it 🙂 At work I get to listen to music to pass the day, and I get tired of the same old thing. After I listen to Infinity, Black Magic, or Cake by the Ocean for four hours straight, its time for a change. One day I decided to just listen to Shawn Mendes album. I heard his song Stitches and Life of the Party on my Nick Jonas Pandora station, and I really enjoyed his set during 1989. His album did not disappoint. He’s like a mini Ed Sheeran. I love his voice and I really like the song Something Big. He can rap he can sing and he may be 17 but he’s a cutie pie!
Last but not least is Halsey. I’ve been trying to get myself to start trying new things and Halsey was on that list. I see her name every now and again on my timeline and I figured why not give it a go since I can listen to her album for free on Itunes. I never expected to every like her album as much as I did. I just started listening to it on Monday and I listened to it non stop every single day at work over and over again. I usually don’t like songs about getting high and whatnot but I really really really enjoy her music. My favorite songs are Hold Me Down, Control, and Gasoline. I can’t get over how I truly didn’t expect to enjoy her music at all but I find myself constantly going back to it, even now writing this post I’m jamming to Badlands. Just goes to show you never know what can happen until you give it a chance. (Also will someone in the comments please tell me how to pronounce her name, is its Halsey like a Hallway or Halsey like Halle Berry)
Bachelor in Paradise
I watched Kaitlyns season and I enjoyed watching a lovey dovey reality show on a Monday night so I figured why not watch the spin off? I’m glad I did because I got to see Jade and Tanner fall in love and get engaged. They were my favorite couple the entire series and I almost cried when the previews kept hinting that maybe they wouldn’t make it to the end. Luckily they did and he proposed and it was so magical! I love them more than Kaitlyn and Shawn and wish them nothing but happiness in their life together! Jade and Tanner are also so adorable on Instagram, I really hope their relationship stands the test of the time and they make it to their wedding day.
This season was rather disappointing because one person ran the whole game but at the end of the day I was happy with the winner. I liked Steve from day one, he was the ultimate underdog. He is a superfan so he has studied every single player’s game and I knew that he had enough knowledge to take himself to the end. While Liz was a good competitor, she helped get all those jury members out so at the end of the day, it would have been stupid for Steve not to win. This show was on all summer but I figured since it ended in September why not throw it in my favorites
After last weeks episode I don’t think I can call it a favorite, but the pilot was so amazing. Add a show about sororities, famous faces, humor, college, and Nick Jonas and you have my dream come true. I love anything Nick Jonas so of course I was gonna tune in to support and surprisingly I wasn’t let down. I usually hate all things horror but I managed to make it through all of Pretty Little Liars so I figured why not try out Scream Queens since its more satirical if anything. Nick completely stole the show for me. It was obvious that they wanted him to attract an audience in the first episode since they had him in his underwear and working out practically the whole time.
I was disappointed with the second episode but I’m still going to tune in every Tuesday. If you haven’t yet I would give it a try and we can talk about it together!
Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders
This show has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. It makes me feel absolutely terrible seeing these girls who are much skinnier than me being let go from the team because they don’t look good in the uniform. I love watching this show because they give you people to root for, you get to watch everyone’s journey. I also love the dances and the music. One episode they were doing a photoshoot and all of a sudden I hear Steal My Girl then directly after they played Jealous. When they auditioned the routine was set to Move by Little Mix. This show also has a makeover episode which I have always loved since the first days of top model. It fits right in with the other reality tv I watch and I’m so happy it was back for a 10th season.
This is another instance of trying something new. I came into work one day and my co-worker who knows I love One Direction and Taylor Swift and all the rest, asked me if I watched Empire. I told him no and then he proceeded to tell me why its such a great show and that he thinks I would like it since it has to do with the music industry. I rarely watch any dramas on tv and I knew it was only one season to catch up on so I figured why not give it a try. In the past I have won awards for my binge watching abilities. (This is a true fact I won this award in my sorority after spending 2 months watching all 9 seasons of One Tree Hill). So I sat down a week ago on a Sunday afternoon and started watching. The next new episode was on Wednesday so I had limited time to make it. Of course I managed just fine because this show is so addictive, so good, it ends on endless cliff hangers, and you are just dying to know what will happen next. I love Jamal and Cookie and I think the Lyon’s have such an interesting dynamic. I also love the music on the show and truly just everything about it. I’m completely caught up and season 2 just started meaning the fun doesn’t have to end!
Liam Payne’s Hair
Liam has been looking so fine lately. He emerges from night clubs looking as if he hasn’t even partied yet and his hair looks so amazing. It’s a favorite of this month for sure. Just looking at him would make anyone scream Daddy
Sophia is super private but every now and then thanks to Lottie and Andy and Liam we get to see a little glimpse of her life. This girl is so beautiful I wish we knew more about her. I’m so happy for her and Liam because she is such a princess and I’m currently just obsessed with her
Joe and Gigi
At first I found it weird that someone from Taylor Swift’s squad would be dating one of the famous Taylor ex’s but I am completely for it. I’ve watched Gigi on housewives since the start and obviously I know everything there is to know about Joe so I couldn’t be happier for them! I love when she’s on Joe’s snapchat or he’s on her instagram. The two are so in love and they are simply just so adorable.
Harry’s Gold Boots
(went to find a pic of them on twitter and found this one…then realized it was from my own tweet)
This is more of an all time favorite but since its my first favorites I figured why not include them. I am obsessed with these boots. I don’t know what it is about them but he wears them so well and they always look great with his outfit. I also feel he has a little bit more pep in his step when he wears them and goes a little more crazy on stage. I am so in love with them. He has a heart of gold and boots to match. If anyone can find a cheap pair of gold boots let me know because I desperately want them. I could write an essay about those damn gold boots.
My love Zoe on Seventeen!
Again its no secret that Zoella is everything I want to be in life. I was so happy when I saw her on the cover!! It’s strange to see her go a bit mainstream but its so nice at the same time because she deserves the world! I loved her article and she looks so gorgeous in the spread. Yay team internet! I guess in terms of favorites she goes on the list for All Time Favorite Female Celebrity
Speaking of Youtubers and trying new things, I gave Super Fruit a try! I had seen some of their videos from when they collab with people I already watch (Tyler, Mamrie) but I haven’t watched a ton of their stuff. One day I just kept clicking from video to video and found myself laughing along and really enjoying their content. The two are so funny and I have so much more to catch up on that I look forward to doing so.
My Disney loves Reunite
Vegas. Nick Jonas. Demi Lovato. Joe Jonas. Sounds perfect to me! The group reunited at the Iheartradio music festival where they each supported eachother’s sets and took adorable instagrams. Nothing makes me happier than seeing they are all still such good friends!
My last favorite of the month of September was getting to see Nick Jonas, One Direction, and Ed Sheeran in concert. I plan on doing individual posts for these concerts this month because I really want to have a memorium of them that I can look back on and I think it would be a fitting thing to blog about. I have so many potential posts in the works so keep your eyes peeled!
What were some of your favorites this month? If you made it the end of this post tell me your current favorite song, favorite tv show, a new artist I should listen to, and a random favorite! Can’t wait to read your responses. Enjoy October!!
I can’t believe its been over a month since I last sat down and made a blog post. If you are a loyal reader I apologize but I doubt that this blog has any loyal readers. In all honesty a lot has happened since I last blogged on April 25th. One Direction has been on their break from OTRA before it starts up again in a few weeks, Nick Jonas has literally been everywhere, Taylor Swift is continuously killing the game, and all while this is happening I have managed to graduate!! That’s right, the owner of this fangirl blog now has her degree in Accounting and is now considered a real human. But lets be honest, I have no plans on ever ending the fangirl life no matter what life throws at me. There were numerous events happening at college as I prepared for graduation and I just wanted to step back and enjoy the time with my friends as we spent some of our last moments together.
(Had to thank Jonas and 1D, they kept me sane all these years)
However, now that its all over and I need something to distract myself while I’m on the job hunt and depressed about post grad life, I am going to fully dedicate myself to this blog. In the past I know I got a few views and didn’t think much of it. Most posts were about One Direction and fans from all over the world were reading them. It wasn’t until I took this long break and realized that without any promotion, tweeting of the link, or new posts, that I was getting over 20+ views a day! Its not about the views but its not like I want to feel worthless by spending my time writing and having no one even care to read it. So after a long break I am going to truly try to make this a DAILY dose of fangirl. So buckle up and get ready for some fun because I am back!!!
Also please feel free to comment or tweet me (@shelleyann1817) about anything I write! I love to hear feedback and even engage in conversation about some of the things I say! Please please please I would love to interact with you all! Also if there is a post you would like to see me make, an event that you would like me to talk about, just let me know!
All the Love
Shelley xx (Dailydoseoffangirl)
The Queen of 2014 has turned 25! Last night while shaking it off with her NYC fans and those watching the livestream (Me) Taylor Swift celebrated her 25th birthday! Missed the invite to the star studded party including, Nick, Beyonce and Jay Z 😦 So I decided to look back at all she has done and post 25 things I love about Taylor!
1. I love her sparkly dresses
2. She can flip her hair like no other
3. Nothing is better than her power stance
4. She is friends with almost every celebrity
5. Her dance moves are killer
6. She always comes to Gillette Stadium
7. She never takes herself seriously
8. She has her own geotag for her birthday on snapchat! (Who else can say that?)
9. Her spins
10. Her surprise face
11. She writes all her own songs
12. She really loves the winter and Christmas
13. Her stories about her cats
14. SHE HAS A HOUSE IN RHODE ISLAND
15. She takes a two year break and comes back better than ever
16. She has dated my favs Joe and Harry (and wrote killer songs about both)
17. She looks flawless leaving the gym
18. She is very charitable
19. Her love of Polaroids
20. How she owns being so tall
21. Her hair from the early days
22. That time she rapped
23. Her SNL monologue
24. Whenever she is on Ellen
25. When she was Becky
In summary Taylor has always been my favorite Female Singer and she always crushes it. Happy Birthday Taylor!! Can’t wait to see you on tour!!
Last night marked the 42nd annual American Music Awards! It was a great night for the music industry as America awarded our favorite artists from 2013 to now. Amongst all the tweeting and texting, I managed to jot down a few notes about my opinion of the show. Keep in mind that I really only watched it for One Direction and Taylor Swift..and okay maybe I wasn’t too upset to have to listen to 5 Seconds of Summer (still can’t decide how I feel about them but I love their album so yeah that’s where I am at). So here is my review of the show highlighting the greatest moments of the night.
Taylor’s Performance of Blank Space
I could not think of a more perfect way to open the show. America has been loving this song for weeks now, always maintaining it’s number one spot on the iTunes chart. I was so curious to see what kind of performance she would do since the music video made such a splash. Also I was extremely excited to see her perform it for the very first time. I already have my tickets to the 1989 tour and it was the perfect hype for what I’m in store for this summer. I knew Taylor would deliver and she definitely did. I am all for how she is embracing the thought that people think she is insane and making fun of herself. While the vocals weren’t the best I felt like I was watching a scene from a musical and she waltzed from set to set burning roses and breaking boys hearts one by one. It was one of my favorite performances of the night. Her acting was impeccable each time she made the face for being insane. All hail Queen Tay and her live performances.
One Direction wins Best Pop/Rock Group
What a great way to kick off the night with the boys winning the very first award. It’s sad to say but at this point I just always assume they will win. The best part was seeing everyone’s reaction on twitter. The AMA’s went from 0 to 1000 just like that. I missed the Red Carpet interviews so I had yet to see what they were wearing. Let’s just say I was rolling on the floor laughing. I wonder if they have a game going called “Let’s not tell Niall what we are wearing” cause everyone looked so dapper and suave and here is Niall in a skull T-shirt. I mean yeah his T-shirt is over $300 but it wish they would have told him they were gonna be a bit more dressed up. Going off of that Zayn’s hair was pure perfection. I have been loving his longer hair making him look like Flynn Rider or Aladdin and the way Lou styled it was perfection. Louis also had quite the hairdo channeling Danny Zuko with his twist in the middle. Louis has been looking so good recently, a huge improvement from his look in the You and I video. It must be his tan or his clean shaven face but I can’t stop talking about how handsome he looks at this moment. Liam always dresses well. I loved the cheetah print shirt to add a pop of color to their all black ensemble. When it comes to dressing formal Liam always has the perfect suit. And last but not least we have the mess that is Harry Styles…this kid I swear to God will be the death of me. First of all his hat had a feather in it…like okay. Second, he is wearing cheetah print boots. His hair was another story all beautiful and curly hanging under his hat. Then his outfit was just strange with his shirt and jacket and it worked but it didn’t. I was just happy his shirt was buttoned because I don’t think his tattooed cleavage would have been appropriate. They jumped from their seats and pulled into a group hug, knowing that’s our favorite part anytime they win anything. Anyway, the boys won the award and of course thanked the fans and most importantly Liam said America is like their second home which just made me swoon, scream, and cry at the same time.
When Pitbull was no where to be seen or heard
Pitbull was the absolute worst host to ever host an award show. I wanted to claw my eyes out every time he was on the screen. This goes more beyond the fact that he isn’t attractive and looked like Humpty Dumpty in a suit. He had absolutely no material. All he would ever mention was the fact that he is Latino and speaking Spanish gives the channel more views and blah blah blah. No one was laughing at his jokes and he was just a horrible choice who had nothing good to say. I don’t even know any Pitbull fans, my entire timeline was full of hate for him and begging for him to get off the stage. So it was a major highlight of the show whenever he wasn’t involved.
While I really didn’t care for most of the people who performed, I have to admit they were still good live performances. Some that I remember include Selena Gomez heart wrenching break up song that brought Taylor to tears. It was a very sad song and you could feel the emotion and sadness in her voice. In my opinion its a song about how she is sad she is broken up with Beiber and how she wishes she had stayed with Nick Jonas (Kidding obvi the song has nothing to do with Nick but hey he was there in the audience so it was just a random thought). I wasn’t a huge fan of the weird images behind her like the crying eye and whatnot but I loved when they had the animated angel wings it was so beautiful. Her dress was stunning if I could wear that to my Formal I would in a heartbeat.
I also really enjoyed the 5 Seconds of Summer performance. I was upset that they didn’t perform their own original song and were stuck with a cover song instead but you could tell the audience was loving it. I really like their music but I’m not about to go spend my money and time on them I don’t think I could afford to have any more idols in my life. However, they did a great job performing and I imagine this was Niall in the audience. Niall is their biggest fan so I’m pretty sure he was in the aisles going crazy to their performance.
Other noteable mentions include Iggy, Lorde, Fergie, Ariana, and Bang Bang. There were more performances than awards which was weird but for music awards I guess it makes sense. I just felt like I was watching a concert especially when the credits showed about 20 awards they didn’t present during the show.
One Direction wins Best Pop/Rock Album
Just like Donny Walhburg said, Boybands kick ass and are still kicking ass. One Direction took home their second award of the night with the best album for Midnight Memories. At this point I was bawling my eyes out because Midnight Memories is my favorite album of all time. Yes I know that Four just came out but I spent the past year obsessed with Midnight Memories constantly listening to it and seeing them perform the songs at least three times. I spent my summer listening to the album in the car everyday to and from work and I just can’t express just how much I love it. In my opinion they deserved this award because of how well the album did. Harry took over the thank you speech for this one which was entertaining because he is not the most eloquent speaker. He made sure to give his thanks to the fans and everyone that bought the album and everyone. Also important to mention is that the boys kind of dressed down and changed their outfits at this point to make Niall not stand out as much. Rumor has it that they were in the front row tripping people but then they moved them but their wasn’t much proof so I didn’t believe it but it definitely sounds like something they would do. More awards means more group hugs!
5 Seconds of Summer wins Best New Artist
I think that these awards were partially fan voted so I had a feeling that they would win this awards. I really enjoyed seeing how happy they were that they won. You could tell they really didn’t expect to win it. Michael was so happy and Callum just didn’t know what to with himself. They had a cute little speech and their outfits were so casual but I guess that’s their style. I don’t think I have ever seen them dressed up. Not much to say here but it was a highlight of the night considering they won their first ever AMA. Let’s also keep in mind that Taylor Swift is the only American to actually win an award last night. Between 1D, Iggy, and 5sos they are all foreign.
Night Changes Performance
Okay this is probably gonna be a long one. I am obsessed with this song. I don’t know what it is but it’s all I ever want to listen to. I find myself always playing it, watching the video, or just randomly singing it. I was not at all prepared for what I was about to see. During the performance the camera never left their gorgeous faces, filming each boy up close as they sang their solos and verses. The vocals were absolutely amazing. I truly love when people have the nerve to say they can’t sing even after hearing them live. There was no backing track, no lip syncing, it was all them singing their hearts out. The song starts with Zayn and he stares into your soul with his big brown eyes and you can’t help but look at his glorious cheek bones, facial hair, and of course that one piece of hair cascading down his forehead. If his looks aren’t enough his voice will make anyone melt. He also stole the show, trending Worldwide as “Zayne” as all the people who don’t care for One Direction commented on his Godly beauty. Religious views: Zayn Malik. Liam takes the next verse and he gives you those puppy dog eyes and that look of love he always has when he sings slow songs. I loved how up close and personal we got to get, getting to just enjoy their voices and the no frills performance. The only frills being the gold accents on their outfits and the overgrown grass behind them. Harry took the chorus doing everything possible to avoid eye contact with the camera knowing there would be numerous casualties if he ever so much as glanced into the camera lens. He sounded incredible like always. Louis gave the camera his smolder as he sang his verse. He sounded incredible too. People always say he is a weak singer but I thought his part was very strong. They all delivered when it came to singing into the camera. Niall was next with his baby blues and adorable smile as he sang his verse, what cute boy. Then Harry did the chorus again and Zayn did his heavenly solo, the room was absolutely silent it was amazing. I could not get over how perfect they sounded. It was my favorite performance of the song yet.
Taylor wins the Dick Clark Award
What do you do when you win every possible award but you are still so amazing, you make up a new award for you to win. Let’s be real, Taylor is slaying the game. Her album has been out for almost a month and its still the most talked about and number one on iTunes. She took everyone aback with her listening parties, giving gifts to fans, and even visiting them at their homes. She is just perfect in every way and I completely agree that she deserves this award of excellence. I love Taylor so much and I was borderline crying when they showed her little montage about all her success and what a great person she is. Her speech was incredible and you can tell she is still humbled every time she wins. I also loved how she was with her best friends before winning the award. Just so proud of Taylor and everything she has to offer. Also quick side note I hate how her moment had to be turned into something about Harry. That everyone was looking for his reaction or for him to do something and that people were surprised he was respectful. Of course he was respectful…why would anyone think he would even do something. Yeah they dated but they are on good terms as far as I know so it shouldn’t have been a big deal. However, I think it was hysterical they played Out of the Woods for her to accept it because its known its about him and they are both there together but he wouldn’t do anything because of it.
One Direction wins Artist of the Year
They won at the beginning and they won at end. Taking home three out of three and winning against Beyonce, the boys took home Artist of the Year. In my opinion they deserved it and if it is fan voted then absolutely. The fandom works so hard when it comes to voting and supporting and most Beyonce fans don’t. Also she wasn’t at the awards so it was kinda known that the boys would win it. Regardless I was extremely nervous for them because they were nominated against some greats. It was the perfect way to end the night, one more group hug, one more speech, and just seeing them realize just how much their fans love them and how much they slayed the past year. I’m so proud of them and I hope they are proud of themselves. We did it! 1D3peat!
Fandom hug we all survived
Happy Tunesday! Queen Taylor recently released her satirical dramatic music video for her hit single Blank Space. This video has been tweeted and posted about constantly so I figured I would share some of my thoughts watching it.
- Wow thats a nice house, is it a castle
- Aww her cat Olivia
- Why are horses in her bedroom?
- HOLY HELL HE IS FINE
- I want her makeup, those wings are made to fly
- What a big dinner table
- Aww they are dancing and riding bikes
- She’s a good painter
- I’m in love with her looks in this video
- They are such a cute couple
- Damn he is even hotter in slow-mo
- Aww they wrote their names in the tree
- Why is he texting
- Oh fuck she caught him texting
- Get ready for her wrath Sean
- Damn shes kinda scary when she’s sing fighting with him
- LOL OMG WHEN HE SAYS OMG, GREAT ACTING BUD, GOOD THING YOU ARE CUTE
- Throw that plant Tay
- DARLING I’M A NIGHTMARE DRESSED LIKE A DAY DREAM SHE ALMOST CLAWED HIS EYES OUT
- Oh shit there goes his phone, that’s not nice Tay
- She does look insane..
- She just ripped her painting, all her hard work gone to waste
- And cut the boobs out of his shirt, oh snap mean girls
- She’s doing like floor yoga or something, maybe some mermaid dancing on the floor
- I would light his clothes on fire too, then he would have to be naked
- What is this apple thing, I thought I was watching a Taylor music video not Twilight
- Oh please tell me she didn’t poison it
- IS SHE REALLY GONNA KILL THIS GUY
- ALL HE DID WAS TEXT
- I didn’t know apples were vodoo dolls
- Um that whack didn’t even dent the car
- She’s making him so sad
- Oh causal, lets sing with axes and knives
- Is he dead on the ground….oh dear
- Well this escalated quickly
- Why am I laughing so hard at her beating up this car
- OMG SHES STANDING ON A HORSE HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
- She totally just tripped chopping down that tree
- Oh good he’s alive and driving away
- RUN LIKE THE WIND BULLSEYE
- UGH OH NOT ANOTHER BOY
- WATCH OUT SHE IS GONNA WRITE YOUR NAME, ON HER HITLIST
Wow I really liked that video! I think its very funny that she acted out what the media portrays her to be. Its about time she said something about it. Her acting was really great and I am in love with the fashion in it. Also love that guy Sean, I think he is the hottest one in any of her videos. Well done Taylor, I can see why everyone is buzzing about it!
Today is the day!! Taylor Swift’s album 1989 has dropped and I am loving it!! I just bought the album on iTunes so I figured I would share some of my thoughts on each of the new songs. Link to buy the album will be below but I recommend getting the Target edition with the extra three songs and the unique Polaroids with handwritten lyrics! I’ve also included the Hidden Messages that can be found in the lyric booklet.
1. Welcome to New York. I have to admit when I first bought it as a single it wasn’t my favorite. It’s a fun song to play when getting ready or traveling. Lyrically I don’t find it up to par with the rest of the album. However, Taylor mentioned this album is based on 80’s pop music and you can completely feel the influence in this track. The chorus is extremely repetitive which get super annoying.
Favorite Line: Took our broken hearts put them in a drawer
Hidden Message: We begin our story in New York
2. Blank Spaces. I love this song so much!!! The verses are kind of robotic but it completely works with the song. Such an easy song to sing along to and pick up right away. One of my favorites on the album. I love how she talks about her dating past in the song and explains that it is still worth the risk. It makes sense because of course Taylor has been in the limelight about her love life and she basically is telling the person that this could go bad or it could go really well either way so why not. I think the references to being new money make the song about Harry. The album is kind of a progression of their relationship, this being when they first met and started something.
Favorite Line: Cause darling I’m a nightmare dressed as a daydream
Hidden Message: There was once a girl known by everyone and no one
3. Style. Absolute favorite song on the album. If you were thinking that the title is a dead giveaway the song is about Harry then you are correct. The chorus is the best part of the song when she says Harry has a “daydream look in his eye” and his “long hair slicked back white tshirt.” As a fan of Harry it is extremely easy to identify that is who she is talking about. The song is also about Style through the James Dean references and classic red lips. I could see it in a commercial for clothing, not just the Target commercial. This song revealed more about the relationship then we knew, like the reference to the boy cheating but still wanting the girl. Apparently Harry is a dangerous driver and their relationship was a never ending crash and burn. Nothing is better then when she screams TAKE ME HOME, no coincidence that it’s the title of One Direction’s second album right?
Favorite Line: You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye
Hidden Message: Her heart belonged to someone who couldn’t stay
4. Out of the Woods. Yet another song about her relationship with Harry but its the most beautiful and complimentary song. Once you get past the annoyingly repetitive chorus that engraves itself in your brain, the song is painfully adorable. She doesn’t bash him at all, instead she highlights the fun memories of their relationship and explains how they ended things. This song made my heart melt because she painted a picture of a perfect boyfriend. Who wouldn’t want to move furniture and dance around with Harry? The subtle references are also adorable, “two paper airplanes” in reference to the necklace he gave her. The breakdown when she explains their night in the hospital is so touching. She mentions that he was crying and my friend and I couldn’t even handle it. Sidenote: I would love to see the Polaroid they took.
Favorite Line: To move the furniture so we could dance baby like we stood a chance
Hidden Message: They loved each other recklessly
5. All You Had to Do Was Stay. Okay by this point I was getting really sick and tired of the super repetitive chorus where she says the same line over and over. Regardless its a great dancing around your room song. She is continuing the story that she’s been telling since “Style” in that now she has let him go and he came crawling back but it’s too late for her. He had her and now that he’s let her go they just can’t get back again. The driving off the road reference along with him not wanting to commit allude to the fact this song may also be Harry.
Favorite Line: People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye
Hidden Message: They paid the price
6. Shake It Off. I remember when she first released this song and I had it on repeat for weeks!! I love to play this song when getting ready in the morning or getting pumped up for something. This song is amazing in that Taylor makes fun of herself. It’s all about saying later to the haters and being yourself. As she endures so much flack from the media, its great that she wrote this song to show that we don’t know her like we think. I find this song to be an anthem for anyone who puts you down; just forget about them and shake it off! Could the fella with the hella good hair be Harry?? While it seems like every song is turning out to be about him, in the 2 years Taylor took to write this album she really only dated Harry and the Kennedy.
Favorite Line: To the fella over there with the hella good hair won’t you come on over baby we could shake shake shake
Hidden Message: She danced to forget him
7. I Wish You Would. Anyone remember Jaylor? Well if you don’t it’s the lovely relationship between Joe Jonas and Taylor Swift. To me this song just screams that its about Joe, however, it could be any of her past lovers. The big give away are her references to 2am, and never hanging up the phone. Joe and Taylor’s relationship was all about the 27 second phone call where Joe allegedly broke up with her. He later stated that it was a short call cause Taylor hung up. In her song Last Kiss from Speak Now, she mentions that the phone lit up at 1:58 meaning they were broken up by 2am which the song makes reference too. Aside from the personal aspect, it’s a great song to listen to if you miss someone and wish they were still in your life.
*I wrote that little blurb before I found out the hidden message so at the time I thought it was Joe based on the proof.
Favorite Line: I wish you would know that I’ll never forget you as long as I live.
Hidden Message: He drove by her street each night
8. Bad Blood. This song is such a jam, I can easily picture it being played on the radio or at dances. It brings me back to the days of high school drama when the people you thought were your friends end up stabbing you in the back. Taylor talked about a song about a feud she has with a celebrity, later determined to be Katy Perry. The story behind it is that Katy Perry hired dancers for her tour from Taylor’s Red tour or something like that. I like how much anger is in the song, great for a day you get pissed at someone.
Favorite Line: Band-aids don’t fix bullet holes
Hidden Message: She made friends and enemies
9. Wildest Dreams. I think this is the fifth song about Harry on the album excluding the bonus songs. Taylor mentioned to Rolling Stone that five songs were about him so I guess it would make the most sense. Dead giveaway is “He’s so tall and handsome as hell, he’s so bad but he does it so well.” Harry is 6’2 and boy do we all know he is handsome as hell. I like the feel of this song, it kind of reminds me of “Young and Beautiful” by Lana from the Gatsby movie. It has a very sweet lullaby sound. Scandalous, his clothes are on your floor! Taylor isn’t one to usually talk about sex but hey why not do something new.
Favorite Line: You see me in hindsight tangled up with you all night
Hidden Message: He only saw her in his dreams
10. How You Get the Girl. This song is so upbeat and fun. With themes about falling in love and saying I Do’s it’s very similar to Taylor’s old songs. Judging by the message its about how Taylor was sucked in again when he decided to come back. I really like this song and found that I was playing it more and more after I finished the full album. Great tune to sing along to and just have a great time.
Favorite Line: With pictures in frames of kisses on cheeks
Hidden Message: Then one day he came back
11. This Love. One of the only slow songs on the pop infested album. Not one of my favorites but it does tie together the theme of the album. Now revealed by the hidden messages that I found on tumblr, since it is currently 11:47 as I’m writing this, revealed that all the songs on the album are about Harry and this is the part in which he did come back for her. This song is very echoey and haunting, similar to Safe and Sound. She also mentions Wildest Dreams again as she describes their love.
Favorite Line: This love left a permanent mark, this love is glowing in the dark
Hidden Message: Timing is a funny thing
12. I Know Places. This song has a very animalistic hunter vibe as she talks about foxes and chasing tails. Revealed by the hidden message, its assumed to be about hiding the relationship from everyone so they could be alone. Having a place to hide and not be found so they could just enjoy what they have together. This album says a lot about how the public played a big part in their break up and ultimate disaster of a relationship. She hits some pretty high notes and experiments with her voice in this song. My favorite line is another dead give away that the song is about Harry.
Favorite Line: In the dead of night your eyes so green
Hidden Message: And everyone was watching
13. Clean. Last but not least is this song about how she has cleansed herself from the relationship and now is a new person who is more self actualized. Basically its the details about how she dealt with the end of the relationship and how she felt like she was drowning. It’s a great ending song in the track list to kind of wrap up the twists and turns of her relationship and coming out alive. Good for you Tay, although dating Harry sounds like an actual dream excluding all the media pressures.
Favorite Line: The water filled my lungs, I screamed so loud nobody heard a thing
Hidden Message: She lost him but she found herself and somehow that was everything
OVERALL, I really enjoyed this album. I was nervous that it was going to be pop based but she has such a great balance and variety of sounds. The story makes sense as you listen to the album the whole way through but the actual music doesn’t flow as well as other albums have. I can’t wait to see these songs live, hear them on the radio, and see them as music videos. I had my suspicions that every song was basically about Harry or the same boy but I thought maybe I was just blinded by the idea that they dated. When they did date, I thought that it was mainly for publicity because from what the media captured, you never really saw any of this amazing romance they shared. I am floored with how amazing this album is and I’m so proud of Taylor for slaying the charts again. LINK TO BUY https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/1989/id907242701
Check out Leah’s less serious review!abostonbelle.wordpress.com!!